5.18.2010

jump for joy

you know that feeling that you get when you see your children having the most amazing time doing something?  the warmth that spreads from the centre of your heart, breaking down any saddness or anger that might have been supressed in there?  the feeling that these days, these moments, are why you became a mom?



that feeling washes over me faster then a wave hitting the shore . . .  watching my beautiful girls laughing and holding hands and spending time together ignites a fire in my heart . . . seeing them want to spend time together and laugh and play makes me swell with pride . . . it crumbles away that insecurity and doubt that might have been in my heart about their love for each other.



i listen to their giggles and laughter and screams of joy and it washes away the bad moments that had occurred only moments before . . . the moments when i think that i am in over my head . . . . the moments when i think that i have failed . . . . then a little spark ignites, the fire begins to burn and i am reminded, ever so graciously, about those moments that truly define what it means to be a parent . . . . and then that moment comes where you embrace your inner child and you find yourself, maybe just for a moment, forgetting the worries and stresses of adulthood and you can once again feel yourself be free . . . . lost in a moment of laughter


1 comment:

Jen said...

Loving the new blog, Laura!

This post reminded me of something that Pastor John said a few Sundays ago: Sometimes (as a mom) it's so easy to get caught up in worrying about what the future will hold - whether it be next week, next month, the years to come, or just worrying about how you're going to get through the day. But if you determine what God wants you to do in that moment - what will glorify Him, and you do that, everything else will work out perfectly.

I sometimes look at the clock and think, ugh - 6 more hours until bed time. But then I stop thinking about the rest of the hours ahead and just take each minute as it comes, doing what God has planned for me.... it brings me a lot of peace :)